Railway Recruitment Cell ( South Eastern Railway ) invites applications from eligible Indian Nationals and from such other candidates declared eligible by Government of India, to fill up the Trackman, Helper-II, Safaiwala and Pointsman-B posts in various Divisions, Workshop and Offices of South Eastern Railway. The Qualification, Selection Process, How to Apply and other details for South Eastern Railway Recruitment Cell Jobs Notification 2013 are as follows :-
Pointsman-B, Trackman, Helper-II, Safaiwala
10th Pass or ITI
Any Where in India
Government Job, Railway Job
Written Test, Physical Efficiency Test & medical examination
Important Dates for South Eastern Railway Careers :-
|Last date for Applying||25-11-2013|
Job details of various Vacancies in South Eastern Railway :-
Minimum Educational Qualification :-
- The candidate should be minimum 10th Pass or ITI or equivalent on the date of application. Candidates appearing and / or awaiting results of final examination of Class 10th or ITI or equivalent on the date of application are not eligible to apply.
- Ex-SM who have retired after putting in 15 years of service and have passed Army Class-I certificate or equivalent will be considered eligible
South Eastern Railway Recruitment Number of Posts details :-
|S.No||Name of the Post||Department||Number of Vacancies|
|1||Pointsman-B||Operating||104 ( 16 – SC, 8 – ST, 28 – OBC, 52 – UR )|
|2||Trackman||Engineering||1343 ( 201 – SC, 101 – ST, 369 – OBC, 672 – UR )|
|3||Helper-II||Engineering, Electrical, Mechanical
& S & T
|540 ( 81 – SC, 41 – ST, 148 – OBC, 270 – UR )|
|4||Helper-II||Workshops||958 ( 144 – SC, 72 – ST, 263 – OBC, 479 – UR )|
|5||Safaiwala||Medical / Commercial||191 ( 29 – SC, 14 – ST, 52 – OBC, 96 – UR )|
Pay Scale :- Rs.5200-20200/- with Grade Pay of 1800.
Age Limit for South Eastern Railway Jobs :- 18 to 33 years and will be reckoned as on 01-01-2014.
Relaxation of Age :-
- By 05 Years for SC / ST and by 03 years for OBC candidates in possession of valid certificates issued by the appropriate authority, copy of which is to be enclosed for claiming age relaxation.
- Serving railway employees (SRE), including casual labours and substitutes, who have put in a minimum of 03 years service will be given age relaxation subject to the age limit not exceeding 40, 43 and 45 years for General, OBC and SC / ST candidates respectively.
- In case of staff of Quasi Administrative Offices of Railway Organization such as Railway Canteens, Railway Institutes, and Railways Co-operative societies, relaxation of age will be given to the extent of service rendered by them subject to a maximum of 05 years.
- Widows and Divorced Women (W&DW), who are judicially separated from their husbands and are not remarried, will be given relaxation in age up to 35, 38 and 40 years in case of UR, OBC and SC/ST candidates respectively. In this regard they are advised to submit the necessary documentary evidence like Death Certificate of husband / Deed of Divorce etc.
- BY 05 years for candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the Kashmir Division of the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from the 01.01.1980 to 31.12.89, subject to production of a residential certificate from the appropriate authority of the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
- For persons with Disabilities – Upper Age relaxation upto a maximum of 10 years for UR, 13 years for OBC and 15 years for SC / ST candidates.
Selection Procedure for SER Recruitment 2013 :-
Selection Procedure consists of written examination followed by Physical Efficiency Test ( PET ) and medical examination.
Written Examination : Written examination shall be of Class 10th standard consisting of 100 multiple choice objective type questions to be answered in 90 minutes (120 minutes for PH candidates allowed to take a scribe) aimed to assess General Knowledge / Awareness, Mathematical ability and Reasoning etc. There will be no questions for checking proficiency in language. Questions will be printed in Hindi, English, Oriya, Urdu and Bengali.
Negative Marking : There shall be negative marking for wrong answers. 1/3 (0.33) marks shall be deducted for each wrong answer. There will be no negative marking for unattended question
Application Fee for South Eastern Railway Recruitment Cell Jobs 2013 :-
A non-refundable fee of 100/- ( Rupees One hundred only ) is to be paid in the form of crossed Demand Draft from State Bank of India or any other Nationalized Bank or crossed IPO from any Post Office drawn in favour of the “FA&CAO, South Eastern Railway, 11 Garden Reach Road, Kolkata-700043 payable at “KOLKATA“.
The following categories are exempt from payment of Application Fee.
- Candidates belonging to SC / ST communities.
- Women candidates
- Candidates belonging to minority communities i.e. Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists and Zoroastrians’ (Parsis).
- Candidates belonging to economically backward classes having annual family income of less than 50000/-.
- Persons with Disabilities.
How To Apply for South Eastern Railway Recruitment Cell Jobs :-
- Interested Candidates can submit applications only in the format annexed at Annexure-I in the Notification. Applications not made in the specified format shall be rejected.
- The Application Form should be made on good quality, white, A-4 size paper on a single sheet using ONE SIDE ONLY. Newspaper cuttings should not be used as applications.
- Candidates (including PH candidates) must fill up the required information in Black/Blue Ball Point pen in his / her own handwriting.
- Applications should be written either in English or Hindi or not in any other Language. Only one language (either English or Hindi) should be used for filling all the columns.
- The Application, complete in all respect along with required enclosures in prescribed format, may be sent by “ORDINARY POST” only to the following Address or, dropped in the Application Box kept in the ground floor of below mentioned address on or before the closing date. Applications sent through Speed post / Courier / Registered AD will not be acknowledged / accepted.
Address : Assistant Personnel Officer (Recruitment), Railway Recruitment Cell, South Eastern Railway, 11, Garden Reach Road, 1st Floor, Bungalow No 12 A, Kolkata-700043.
- The envelope containing application should be clearly super scribed “Application for Recruitment in Pay Band-I . 5200- 20200/- with GP 1800/- South Eastern Railway” along with the community/ category as applicable i.e. SC / ST / OBC / UR / PWD (PH) / Ex-SM
- Last date for receipt of application is 25-11-2013 up to 17: 00 hrs.
- Last date for the candidates residing in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul & Spiti Districts and Pangi sub division of Chamba district of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar and Lakshadweep Islands and candidates residing abroad is 15 days beyond the closing date i.e 10-12-2013 upto 17 : 00 hrs.
- The following enclosures only should be firmly stitched along with the application Form
- Self Attested photocopy of certificates in support of Date of Birth. Only class 10th pass certificate /certificate issued by Registrar of Births will be accepted for this purpose.
- Certificates/documents, which are in a language other than Hindi or English, should be translated into Hindi or English and enclosed along with the attested Xerox copies of originals.
- In case of SC/ST candidates, a certificate of their belonging to SC / ST category broadly as per the format given at Annexure-VI and issued by a competent authority as mentioned therein.
- n case of Government Servants, attested copy of Certificate from the competent authority giving their length of service etc.
- No objection certificate from the employer, if already employed
For more details : Please visit below links
South Eastern Railway Recruitment Cell Jobs Advertisement details :
About South Eastern Railway :
The South Eastern Railway (SER) is one of the seventeen railway zones in India. It is headquartered at Garden Reach, Kolkata, West Bengal, India. In April 2003 two new zones were carved out from the SER. On 1 April 2003 the East Coast Railway (E.Co.R) comprising South Eastern Railway’s Khurda Road, Sambalpur and Vishakhapatnam divisions was dedicated to the nation; on 5 April 2003 the South East Central Railway (S.E.C.R) comprising South Eastern Railway’s Nagpur and Bilaspur divisions and a new Raipur division was dedicated to the nation. Wikipedia.Railway Recruitment Cell
South Eastern Railway ,
Garden Reach ,Kolkata-43. West Bengal, India.
South Eastern Railway Official website : www.rrcser.in