Steel Authority of India Limited ( SAIL ) invites applications from eligible candidates for the recruitment of Operator-cum-Technician ( Trainee ), Attendant-cum-Technician ( Trainee ). The Educational Qualification, Selection Process, How to apply and other details for SAIL Trainee Recruitment Notification 2013 are as follows :-
|Job Position||Operator-cum-Technician ( Trainee ), Attendant-cum-Technician ( Trainee )|
|Eligibility||Diploma ( Metallurgy / Mechanical / Electrical / Instrumentation / Electronics / Chemical ) / ITI ( Fitter / Electrician / Welder / Machinist / Electronics / Diesel Mechanic )|
|Job Category||Government Job|
|Hiring Process||Written Test and Interview|
Important Dates for SAIL Trainee Jobs 2013 :-
|Starting date for Applying||25-10-2013|
|Last date for Applying||29-11-2013|
Job details of Trainee Vacancy in SAIL :-
Name of the Post :- Operator-cum-Technician ( Trainee )
Qualification :- Matriculation with 03 years full time Diploma in relevant discipline of Engineering ( Metallurgy / Mechanical / Electrical / Instrumentation / Electronics / Chemical )
Pay Scale :- To join as Trainee for 02 years on consolidated pay. On successful completion of training, to be regularised in S-3 grade in the Scale of Pay of Rs.9160-3%-13150/-
Operator-cum-Technician Vacancy Details :-
|Discipline||No. of Posts|
|Metallurgy||27 ( SC – 04, ST – 06, OBC – 03, UR – 14 )|
|Mechanical||39 ( SC – 07, ST – 08, OBC – 04, UR – 20 )|
|Electrical||24 ( SC – 04, ST – 05, OBC – 03, UR – 12 )|
|Instrumentation||15 ( SC – 03, ST – 04, OBC – 01, UR – 07 )|
|Electronics||10 ( SC – 01, ST – 02, OBC – 02, UR – 05 )|
|Chemical||06 ( SC – 01, ST – 01, OBC – 01, UR – 03 )|
Name of the Post :- Attendant-cum-Technician ( Trainee )
Qualification :- Matriculation with ITI ( Full time ) in relevant trades ( Fitter / Electrician / Welder / Machinist / Electronics / Diesel Mechanic ).
Pay Scale :- To join as Trainee for 02 years on consolidated pay. On successful completion of training, to be regularised in S-1 grade in the Scale of Pay of Rs.8630-3%-12080/-.
Attendant-cum-Technician Vacancy Details :-
|Trade||No. of Posts|
|Fitter||35 ( SC – 06, ST – 07, OBC – 04, UR – 18 )|
|Electrician||30 ( SC – 05, ST – 07, OBC – 03, UR – 15 )|
|Welder||20 ( SC – 03, ST – 04, OBC – 03, UR – 10 )|
|Machinist||10 ( SC – 01, ST – 03, OBC – 01, UR – 05 )|
|Electronics||10 ( SC – 02, ST – 02, OBC – 01, UR – 05 )|
|Diesel Mechanic||05 ( SC – 01, ST – 01, OBC – 01, UR – 02 )|
Age Limit for Trainee Vacancy in SAIL ( as an 01-10-2013 ) :- Minimum 18 years and maximum 28 years.
Training Period :- Candidates selected for the above posts will be required to undergo, on the job training, for a period of 2 (two) years, which can be extended for a further period of 2 (two) years, as per requirement.
Emoluments & Other Benefits :-
- Candidates joining as Operator-cum-Technician (Trainee) will be paid consolidated pay of Rs.10700/- per month for the 1st year and Rs.12200/- per month for the 2nd year of training. During the period of training, trainees will also get Medical facility for self, spouse and dependent children. Leave etc. will be as per the Rules of the Company. On successful completion of training, they shall be considered for regular employment in S-3 grade in the Scale of Pay of Rs.9160-3%-13150/-
- Candidates joining as Attendant-cum-Technician (Trainee) will be paid consolidated pay of Rs.8600/- per month for the 1st year and Rs.10000/- per month for the 2nd year of training. During the period of training, trainees will also get Medical facility for self, spouse and dependent children. Leave etc. will be as per the Rules of the Company. On successful completion of training, they shall be considered for regular employment in S-1 grade in the Scale of Pay of Rs.8630-3%-12080/-.
Selection Procedure for SAIL Trainee Recruitment 2013 :-
- Eligible candidates will be required to appear in the Written Test in Hindi / English.
- Candidates short listed on the basis of their performance in the Written Test will be required to appear in the Interview.
- Date, Time & Place of Written Test and Interview will be intimated to eligible/short-listed candidates through e-mail / SMS and SAIL website (www.sail.co.in).
Application Fee for Steel Authority of India Ltd Trainee Jobs :-
- Candidates belonging to General / OBC category will be required to pay application fee of Rs.250/- ( Rupees Two Hundred & Fifty only ) for the post of Operator-cum Technician (Trainee) and Rs.150/- ( Rupees One Hundred & Fifty only ) for the post of Attendant-cum-Technician ( Trainee ).
- Candidates belonging to SC / ST / PWD / ESM category will be required to pay processing fee of Rs.50/- (Rupees Fifty only) for the post of Operator-cum-Technician ( Trainee ) / Attendant-cum-Technician ( Trainee ).
- In addition to the application / processing fee as above, candidates will be required to pay an amount of Rs.20/- (Rupees Twenty only) as Bank Charges.
Mode of Payment of Fee :-
- State Bank of India (SBI) has been authorised to collect the application / processing fee in a specially opened Power Jyoti Account No. 31955226331 at SBI, RSP Campus Branch, Rourkela, on behalf of SAIL/RSP.
- Candidate has to take a printout of the bank challan available on the Application Registration Portal and approach a branch of SBI for depositing the fee.
- Candidates should retain a copy of the bank challan with them. On receipt of the money the concerned branch of SBI will issue a unique Journal Number and the Branch Code of the Bank.
- The Journal Number and the Branch Code are to be filled up by the candidate during online registration.
- The SBI branches will accept the fee from 25-10-2013 to 29-11-2013 during working hours. Fee shall not be collected by any other mode. Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
Test Centres :-
The tentative list of cities where written test shall be conducted is mentioned below
Candidates may indicate their choice of cities from among those mentioned above for written test as per their preference. However, SAIL reserves the right to cancel or add any centre and allocate test centres as per availability. No request for change of examination centre shall be entertained.
- All correspondence with candidates shall be done through Email only. All information regarding “Test Schedule/Admit Card/Interview Call Letters etc.” shall be provided through Email / uploading on SAIL website.
- Candidates must download / print their Admit Card/Interview Call Letter once it is made available on the application portal.
- SAIL / RSP will not be responsible for any loss of Email / SMS sent, due to invalid or wrong Email ID / Mobile Number provided by the candidate or for delay / non-receipt of information if a candidates fails to access his/her Email / Mobile in time.
- Candidates will be allowed to appear in the Written Test only if they possess valid Admit Card.
How To Apply for SAIL Trainee Recruitment 2013 :-
Eligible and interested candidates would be required to apply online only through SAIL’s Official website ( www.sail.co.in ) at the link “Careers”. No other mode of application shall be accepted. To apply, candidates may click at the link of the post applying for and submit information online in the appropriate fields. Last date for receipt of application is 29-11-2013.
General Conditions :-
- Candidate must be an Indian national possessing requisite qualification from an Institute recognised by State Govt. / Central Govt.
- Candidates not fulfilling the requirements specified in this advertisement need not apply. All certificates and documents in support of eligibility will be verified only during the interview and any candidate, who fails to produce the same, will not be allowed to appear in the interview.
- Bringing influence at any stage of the selection process will disqualify the candidate.
- Laptops, mobiles, wrist watches, calculators, scales and other electronic gadgets will not be allowed within the premises of examination centres
For more details : Please visit below links
SAIL Trainee Recruitment Advertisement details :
Apply online for SAIL Trainee Recruitment :
About Steel Authority of India :
Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) is the leading steel-making company in India. It is a fully integrated iron and steel maker, producing both basic and special steels for domestic construction, engineering, power, railway, automotive and defence industries and for sale in export markets.Steel Authority of India Ltd,
(A Govt. of India Enterprise)
Rourkela Steel Plant,
Rourkela – 769011 ( Odisha ).
SAIL Official website : www.sail.co.in