Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology invites applications from eligible Indian citizens for the recruitment of Scientist. The Qualification, Selection Process, How to Apply and other details for WIHG Scientist Recruitment Notification 2013 are as follows :-
M.E. / M.Tech / B.E / B.Tech / M.Sc. / M.Tech / M.Phil ( Geology / Geophysics / Physics / Chemistry )
Temporary but likely to be Permanent.
2 – 8 Years
Important Dates for WIHG Scientist Jobs 2013 :-
|Last date for Applying||29-11-2013|
Job details of Scientist Vacancy in Dehradun :-
Name of the Post :- Scientist ‘D’
Essential Qualification :-
Doctoral degree in Paleoclimatology, Stable Isotope geochemistry, Mass Spectrometry, Aquous Geochemistry, Igneous Petrology, Structure & Tectonics, Sedimentology, Mathematical modeling of climate / tectonics / glaciers, Computational Seismology with M.Sc. or M.Tech or M.Phil in Geology / Geophysics / Physics / Chemistry with 1st division in M.Sc. and eight years of post doctoral experience with outstanding research publications of merit and leadership in the areas.
Number of Posts :- 02 ( 01 Post – Regular, 01 Post – Lien vacancy upto 22.02.2015 )
Pay Scale for Scientist ‘D’ Vacancy :- PB – 3 : Rs.15,600-39,100 + Grade Pay Rs.7,600.
Age Limit for Scientist ‘D’ Post :- Not exceeding 45 years as on the date of advertisement.
Name of the Post :- Scientist ‘C’ .
Essential qualification :-
- Ph.D. degree in Geology with four years research experience at post-doctoral level in the areas of Structure & Tectonics, Mathematical modeling, Sedimentology, Glaciology, Igneous Petrology, Geochronology, Isotope / Aquous Geochemistry, Computational Seismology, Palynology and paleomagnetism with 1st division in M.Sc. in Geology / Geophysics / Physics / Chemistry with outstanding research publications.
- The candidates with demonstrated experience in maintaining / operating EPMA, Stable Isotope Mass Spectrometer or any modern analytical geoscience laboratories and mathematical modeling of geological process will be given preference.’
Number of Posts :- 02 ( 01 Post – Regular, 01 Post – Lien vacancy upto 11.04.2015 ).
Pay Scale for Scientist ‘C’ Job :- PB – 3: Rs.15,600-39,100 + Grade Pay Rs.6,600.
Age Limit for Scientist ‘C’ Post :- Not exceeding 40 years as on the date of advertisement.
Name of the Post :- Scientist ‘B’.
For one post of Scientist ‘B’ under General Category :-
- Essential qualification :- First class in M.E. / M.Tech. in Electrical / Electronics / Instrumentation or combination of any two ( or ) First class B.E. / B.Tech. in Electrical / Electronics / Instrumentation or combination of any two with two years experience in handling / maintenance & repair of scientific equipment / instruments.
- Desirable qualification :- Ph.D in the relevant discipline.
For other posts, including reserved category posts :-
- Essential Qualification :- First class M.Sc. degree in Geology / Geophysics / Physics / Chemistry / Mathematics.
- Desirable qualifications :- Ph.D degree in relevant discipline or three years Research experience in Computational seismology, stable isotope geochemistry, sedimentology, economic geology, paleomagnetism, mathematical modeling of geodynamic processes, glaciology, Geomorphology, Environmental Geosciences, Paleoclimatology using speleothem proxies and Structures and Tectonics.
Number of Posts :- 07 ( 02 – UR, 01 – OBC, 03 – SC, 01 – ST ).
Pay Scale for Scientist ‘B’ Post :- PB – 3: Rs.15,600-39,100 + Grade Pay Rs. 5,400
Age Limit for Scientist ‘B’ Vacancy :-Not exceeding 35 years as on the date of advertisement.
How To Apply for WIHG Scientist Recruitment 2013 :-
- The Prescribed Application Performa for all the above posts is available on official Website www.wihg.res.in ( Click here )
- Interested Candidates can submit their applications only in the prescribed Performa alongwith attested photocopies of certificates and marksheets, in a support of educational qualification, Typing speed Hindi & English and certificates in support of experience, duly attested by, a Gazetted Officer, to the following Address latest by 4:00 p.m. on 29-11-2013.
Address : Registrar, Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology, 33, General Mahadeo Singh Road, Dehradun-248001 (Uttarakhand).
- Last date of receipt of application is 29-11-2013.
Important instructions :-
- The qualifications and experience mentioned are the minimum requirements. The Institute reserves the right to select the candidates based on their qualifications and experience other wise suitable and deserving for the post. The Institute also reserves the right to shortlist candidates through a written test, if the number of candidates screened in is found to be very large.
- Selected candidates will be appointed initially on probation basis. Continuation of their service will depend on satisfactory clearance of probation. Selected candidates not having working knowledge of Rajbhasha, Hindi will have to acquire working knowledge of Hindi before clearance of their probation periods. The candidates selected to these posts, if otherwise, eligible as per CCS pay rules will be governed by the New Pension Scheme.
- Candidates working in Govt. Establishments, Public Sector Undertakings, Universities and Autonomous bodies should apply through proper channel.
- In case of reserved vacancies, candidates must clearly mention in the application performa the category against any post for which application has been submitted by him/her, failing which his / her application will be considered against General Category only.
WIHG Vacancy Notification details :-
Advertisement No : Recruit/Gen./WIHG/2013-2014/Estt./
For more details : Please visit below links
WIHG Scientist Recruitment Advertisement details :
Download Application form for WIHG Scientist Recruitment :
About Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology :
Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology is an autonomous research organization of Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India, undertaking advance level of research in all aspects of geology and geodynamics of the Himalaya. It has strong specialization in the areas of Petrology and Geochemistry, Structure and Tectonics, Sedimentology, Geomorphology, Glaciology, Magnetostratigraphy, Biostratigraphy, Paleontology, Quaternary Geology, Environment Geology, Seismology and Remote Sensing.Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology,
33 GMS Road, Dehradun – 248001, India.
WIHG Official website : www.wihg.res.in