Sashastra Seema Bal ( SSB ) invites applications from eligible male / female candidates for the recruitment of Group-C Non-Gazetted (Combatised), Head Constable ( Ministerial ) in Sashastra Seema Bal. The Qualification, Selection Process, How to Apply and other details for SSB Head Constable Recruitment Notification 2013 are as follows :-
Head Constable ( Ministerial )
Intermediate / Senior Secondary School Certificate (10+2)
Anywhere in India
Temporary but likely to be Permanent.
Physical Efficiency Test, Written Test & Medical Examination
Important Dates for Sashastra Seema Bal HC Jobs 2013 :-
|Last date for Applying||30-11-2013|
Job details of Head Constable Vacancy in SSB :-
Name of the Post :- Head Constable ( Ministerial )
Educational Qualification :-
- Intermediate or Senior Secondary School Certificate (10+2) examination from a Recognized board/University or equivalent.
- Skill Test norms on computer :- English Typing with minimum speed of 35 words per minute on computer; or Hindi Typing with minimum speed of 30 words per minute on computer. (35 words per minute in English or 30 words per minute in Hindi corresponding to 10500 KDPH in English/9000 KDPF in Hindi with average of 5 key depressions for each word on computer).
Note :- All Educational / Technical certificates other than State Board / Central Board should be accompanied with Govt. notification declaring such qualification equivalent to Matric / 10th class pass or as the case may be, for service under Central Govt.
Pay Scale & Number of Posts details for Head Constable Job in SSB :-
|HC (Ministerial)||5200-20200+ GP 2400 (PB-I)||46 +14 ( Ex-Servicemen )||15||08||27||110|
- Vacancies reserved for Ex-Servicemen will be filled by the candidates of open category within the respective quota if suitable candidates of Ex-Servicemen are not available.
- The number of vacancies are subject to change without any notice and may increase or decrease depending upon the position at the time of final selection.
- The posts are temporary but likely to be permanent.
- The recruitment will be conducted on all India basis.
- Any candidate appointed to the said post shall be liable to serve anywhere in India or abroad and perform any work & duty assigned to him there-so.
Nationality / citizenship :-
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan
Age Limit for Constable Post in SSB :- 18 to 25 years (As on 01/08/2013)
- The crucial date to determine age will be 01.08.2013. The candidates must fulfill all eligibility conditions and should be in possession of all certificates as on 30-11-2013 i.e. the closing date of receipt of application.
- Candidates not in possession of requisite educational, experience certificate or appearing in the examination / awaiting result need not to apply.
Relaxation of Age :-
- There will be relaxation in age for SC / ST / OBC ( i.e. 5 years for SC/ST & 3 years for OBC candidates ).
- The upper age limit for departmental candidates shall be 40 years for General and OBC candidates and 45 years for Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribes candidates.
- The upper age limit up to 05 years is relaxable in case of candidates already in Govt. service. Govt. employees / servants claiming age relaxation should be in possession of certificate in prescribed format from their office in respect of the length of continuous service which should not be less than 03 years in the immediate period preceding the date of recruitment / closing date of receipt of application. They should continue to have the status of Govt. servant / employee till the time of appointment, in the event of their selection. The candidate will have to produce NOC from his parent department at the time of applying for the post / recruitment in SSB. However, departmental candidate may forward their application through proper channel from their head of offices.
- The concession will be admissible only where a Govt. employee has rendered not less than 3 (three) years regular and continuous service in Govt. Deptt as on closing date of application.
- Five years of age relaxation will also be granted to the children and dependent family members of those killed in the 1984 riots and 2002 communal riots of Gujarat.
Note :- Candidates claiming benefits under OBC category shall be in accordance with Castes notified in the Central List. The certificates should be in the prescribed format issued by the Competent Authority empowered for the purpose. No other certificate will be accepted as proof
Selection Procedure for SSB Head Constable Vacancy :-
The selection process for Sashastra Seema Bal Head Constable Recruitment shall consist of following stages :-
- Physical Standard Test ( PST)
- Physical Efficiency Test ( PET)
- Written Examination
- Skill Test (Typing Test) on computer
- Final Medical Examination
- Review Medical Examination.
Documentation (Checking of Original Documents / Certificates for Eligibility Criteria ) :-
All the candidates who repot for the recruitment test will be asked to produce original documents / certificates pertaining to age, education, Caste, community certificate, NOC / Discharge Certificate (in case of Ex- Servicemen), Proof to avail age relaxation etc. The actual age of the candidate will be determined from his Matriculation / Higher Secondary School Certificate. The candidates must ensure that their name, father’s name and date of birth mentioned in all documents must be same as in the matriculation / Higher Secondary certificate. Candidates must bring all their original certificates and two attested copies of each with them.
Note :- Candidates appearing in written test will not be allowed to carry electronic equipments like mobile phone, calculator, pager, digital wrist watch having calculator etc. Any candidate found indulging in any unfair practice will be summarily removed from the written test and will be debarred from further recruitment process.
Application Fee for SSB Head Constable Jobs :-
Application fee will be Rs.50/- ( Rupees fifty only ) Non-refundable for candidates belonging to General and OBC categories. They shall attach Bank Draft / IPO ( Non-refundable ) drawn in favour of “Accounts Officer, SSB, SHQ HQ, RANIDANGA,” payable at SBI Branch, Siliguri (WB) Code-0184. No application fee will be charged from SC / ST, Ex-Servicemen and Female candidates.
How To Apply for SSB Head Constable Recruitment 2013 :-
- Eligible and desirous candidates should send their applications BY POST in the prescribed proforma given in Annexure-I and II with two self attested passport size photographs duly affixed on application form and admit card at the space provided for the purpose, along with application fee of Rs.50/- in the form of DD / IPO and self attested copies of the testimonials.
- The applications should be typed or neatly hand written. Two self-addressed envelopes of 4″x9″ size with Rs.25/- postage stamps duly affixed should also be attached with the application form.
- The envelope containing the application should be super scribed in block letters as APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF “HEAD CONSTABLE ( MINISTERIAL )”. The incomplete applications and applications received after the last date will not be entertained and will be summarily rejected.
- The Application, complete in all respect along with required enclosures should be send to the following Address.
THE DY INSPECTOR GENERAL, SECTOR HQ, SSB RANIDAGA, POST OFFICE : MATIGARA, DIST: DARJEELING (WEST BENGAL) PIN : 226 010.
- Last date of receipt of application is 30-11-2013.
- The closing date for receipt of applications (by post) for the candidates from North-Eastern States, Sikkim, Pangi Sub-Division of Chamba, Lahaul & Spiti and Kinnaur Districts of Himachal Pradesh, Ladakh Division, Kashmir of J&K State and the Union Territories of Andaman and Nicobar Islands and the Lakshadweep will be 07-12-2013.
- Application must be sent to above address only.
- Applications addressed to FHQ SSB or any other offices of SSB shall not be entertained at any stage.
Self Attested Copies of Documents to be attached with Application :-
- Educational qualification Certificate(s) i.e. (Matriculation and 10+2 pass certificate).
- Date of birth certificate (Matriculation or 10+2 pass certificate).
- Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/OBC certificates should be on the format as Annexure-III for SC/ST and Annexure –IV for OBC prescribed in the Central Govt. order. (May also be down loaded from SSB Website ( www.ssbrectt.gov.in). Applications of candidates without OBC certificate on prescribed format will not be considered and summarily rejected.
- Departmental candidates should apply through proper channel.
- 2 (Two) self addressed envelopes with postage stamps worth Rs.25/- each.
- Certificate of bonafide / Domicile / Permanent resident of that State from designated revenue authorities not below rank of Tehsildar for verification of citizenship of India
Important Instructions :-
- Applications submitted on a format other than published in this advertisement, are liable to be rejected summarily.
- Candidate should note that the Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation, 10+2/Sr. Secondary Examination Certificate OR an equivalent Certificate on the date of submission of application, will be accepted.
- Incomplete or unsigned applications, applications without attested photographs, applications received after closing date will be rejected summarily.
- No separate admit cards / call letter will be issued to the qualified candidates called for written examination, Skill Test norms on Computer and final medical examination. The same will be apprised to the candidate by the recruitment board and the list of qualified candidates called for above test will be displayed on the notice board at the recruitment venue as well as uploaded in SSB Recruitment Website i.e. www.ssbrectt.gov.in.
- It should, however, be clearly understood that the Selection board reserves itself, absolute discretion to reject or accept any candidate at any stage.
- The candidates provisionally selected for the above posts should qualify the training or courses as prescribed by the Director General, Sashastra Seema from time to time during probation period failing which services are liable to be terminated.
- On appointment they shall be entitled for the pension benefits as per the “New Restructured Defined Contributory Pension Scheme” applicable for the new entrants to the Central Government Services w.e.f. 01-01-2004.
For more details : Please visit below links
SSB Head Constable Recruitment Advertisement details :
About Sashastra Seema Bal :
Sashastra Seema Bal or SSB (Meaning: Armed Border Force) is one of India’s Central Armed Police Forces. It is often referred to as a paramilitary force (although it is not one of the three officially defined paramilitary forces of India). It is currently under the administrative control of the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), Government of India. It was formerly known as the Special Service Bureau. WikipediaHeadquarters : Directorate General of SSB,
East Block-V, Sector-I
SSB Official website : www.ssbrectt.gov.in