University of Delhi ( DU ) invites applications from eligible candidates for the recruitment of 305 Professor and Associate Professor jobs in various departments in the Faculties of Arts, Applied Social Sciences & Humanities, Commerce & Business, Education, Science, Inter-Disciplinary & Applied Sciences, Law, Management Studies, Mathematical Sciences, Music & Fine Arts and Social Sciences. The Qualification, Selection Process, Age Limit, How to Apply and other details for Delhi University Faculty Recruitment Notification 2013 are as follows :-
Professor and Associate Professor
|Eligibility||Ph.D / Master’s Degree|
|Job Location||New Delhi|
Government Job, Faculty Job, University Job
8 – 10 Years
Offline and Online
Important Dates for Delhi University Faculty Careers 2013 :-
|Last date for Applying||06-12-2013|
Job details of Professor & Associate Professor Vacancy in DU :-
1) University of Delhi Professor Vacancy details :-
Name of the Post :- Professor
Educational Qualifications for Professor Post :-
- The Educational Qualifications required for Professors of Applied Social Sciences & Humanities, Arts, Commerce & Business; Inter-disciplinary & Applied Sciences (except Physical Education), Law; Mathematical Sciences; Science (except Home Science, Nursing, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Pharmacy) and Social Sciences are mentioned below.
- An eminent scholar with Ph.D. qualification(s) in concerned / allied / relevant discipline and published work of high quality actively engaged in research with evidence of published work with a minimum of 10 publications as books and / or research / policy papers.
- A minimum of ten years of teaching experience in University / College, and / or experience in research at the University / National level institution/industries, including experience of guiding candidates for research at doctoral level.
- A minimum score as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator (API) based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS), as per the UGC guidelines
- For more details regarding Music Professor, Management Studies Professor and Other details please refer Notification ( Click here )
2) University of Delhi Associate Professor Vacancy details :-
Name of the Post :- Associate Professor
Educational Qualification for Associate Professor Job :-
- Good academic record with a Ph.D. Degree in the concerned / allied / relevant disciplines.
- A Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed).
- A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and/or research in an academic / research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution / industry excluding the period of Ph.D. research with evidence of published work and a minimum of 5 publications as books and / or research / policy papers.
- For more details regarding Management Studies Associate Professor, Education Associate Professor and Other details please refer Notification ( Click here )
Number of Posts for Professor & Associate Professor Jobs :-
|S.No||Name of the Departments||Professor||Associate Professor|
|No. of Posts||No. of Posts|
|1||Adult Continuing Education & Ext.||1||2|
|8||B.R. Ambedkar Research Centre||1||0|
|12||Cluster Innovation Centre||6||10|
|15||East Asian Studies||2||2|
|24||Germanic and Romance Studies||0||2|
|28||Library & Information Science||2||1|
|33||Modern Indian Languages & Literary Studies||1||3|
|38||Physics & Astrophysics||2||9|
|43||Slavonic & Finno-Ugrian Studies||1||0|
Pay Scale for Faculty Jobs in University of Delhi :-
- Pay Scale for Professor Jobs :- Rs.37400-67000 & AGP 10000
- Pay Scale for Associate Professor Jobs :- Rs.37400-67000 & AGP 9000
Selection Procedure for Delhi University Jobs :-
Selection Procedure for Professor and Associate Professor Vacancy in University of Delhi ( DU ) is Personal Interview.
Application Fee for DU Faculty Vacancy 2013 :-
|Category||Amount of Fee|
|SC / ST / PWD||Rs.1000|
Candidates applying online shall pay through credit card / debit card. Candidates applying offline shall submit a demand draft drawn in favour of “Registrar, University of Delhi” and payable at Delhi for the said amount.
How To Apply for Delhi University Faculty Recruitment 2013 :-
Interested Candidates can submit their applications either Online or Offline mode.
Online Mode :- Eligible candidates need to apply through Official website www.du.ac.in ( Click here )
Offline Mode :-
Only applicants to the Departments of Education, Music and Management can apply in offline mode.
- Within India, completed applications in the prescribed form may be sent to the “Registrar, University of Delhi, Delhi – 110007”, ONLY through Speed / Registered post. Please super scribe the post applied (in bold) for on the envelope. Please note that application forms shall not be accepted in person or through courier or any other post.
- From outside India, completed application in the prescribed form may be sent to the “Registrar, University of Delhi, Delhi – 110007”, India, through international post / courier.
The last date for receipt of applications is 06-12-2013.
University of Delhi Faculty Vacancy Notification details :-
Advertisement No : Estab.IV/248/2013
For more details : Please visit below links
Delhi University Faculty Recruitment Advertisement details :
Apply Online for Delhi University Faculty Recruitment 2013 :
General Instructions for Faculty Jobs in University of Delhi :
Download Application form for University of Delhi Faculty Careers :
About University of Delhi :
The University of Delhi ( informally known as Delhi University or DU) is a public central university located in Delhi, India. It is wholly funded by the Government of India. Established in 1922, it offers courses at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Vice-President of India, Mohammad Hamid Ansari is the chancellor. WikipediaUniversity of Delhi, Cavalry lane, Near Vishwavidhyalaya Metro Staion, New Delhi, DL 110007.
University of Delhi Official website : www.du.ac.in