University of Delhi ( DU ) invites applications from eligible candidates for the recruitment of Assistant Professor in various departments of Arts, Applied Social Sciences & Humanities, Commerce & Business, Education, Science, Inter-Disciplinary & Applied Sciences, Law, Management Studies, Mathematical Sciences, Music & Fine Arts and Social Sciences. The Qualification, Selection Process, Age Limit, How to Apply and other details for Delhi University Assistant Professor Vacancy Notification 2013 are as follows :-
Master’s Degree / Ph.D
Government Job, Faculty Job, University Job
Offline and Online
Important Dates for Delhi University Assistant Professor Recruitment 2013 :-
|Last date for Applying||06-12-2013|
Job details of Assistant Professor vacancy in University of Delhi :-
Name of the Post :- Assistant Professor
Educational Qualification :-
- Good academic record as defined by the concerned university with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the Master’s Degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or a similar test accredited by the UGC
- For Department wise Educational Qualifications Please refer Notification ( Click here )
Number of Posts in Delhi University Assistant Professor Jobs :-
|S.No||Name of the Departments||No. of Posts|
|1||Adult Continuing Education & Extension||2|
|6||B.R. Ambedkar Research Centre||2|
|9||Cluster Innovation Centre||16|
|12||East Asian Studies||6|
|20||Germanic and Romance Studies||10|
|24||Library & Information Science||2|
|28||Modern Indian Languages & Literary Studies||10|
|33||Physics & Astrophysics||17|
|34||Plant Molecular Biology||2|
|39||Slavonic & Finno-Ugrian Studies||5|
Pay Scale for Assistant Professor Jobs :- Rs.5600-39100, AGP 6000
Selection Procedure for University of Delhi Assistant Professor Jobs :-
Selection Procedure for Assistant Professor Vacancy in University of Delhi ( DU ) is Personal Interview.
Application Fee for Delhi University Assistant Professor Careers :-
|Category||Online Fee||Offline Fee|
|UR / OBC||Rs.300||Rs,600|
|SC / ST / PWD||Rs.150||Rs.300|
The Payment can be made through online mode or through demand draft (only for offline form) drawn in favour of the Registrar, University of Delhi, payable at Delhi.
How To Apply for Delhi University Assistant Professor Vacancy 2013 :-
Interested Candidates can submit their applications either Online or Offline mode.
Online Mode :- Eligible candidates need to apply through Official website www.du.ac.in ( Click here )
Candidates applying for positions in the Departments of Education, Management and Music can apply only through Offline mode.
Offline Mode :-
- Within India, completed applications in the prescribed form may be sent to the Registrar, University of Delhi, Delhi – 110007, ONLY through Speed / Registered post. Please superscribe the post applied (in bold) for on the envelope. Please note that application forms shall not be accepted in person or through courier or any other post.
- From outside India, completed application in the prescribed form may be sent to the Registrar, University of Delhi, Delhi – 110007, India, through international post/courier.
The last date for receipt of applications is 06-12-2013.
Assistant Professor Vacancy Notification details :-
Advertisement No : Estab.IV/247/2013
For more details : Please visit below links
Delhi University Assistant Professor Vacancy Advertisement details :
Apply Online for Delhi University Assistant Professor Vacancy 2013 :
Download Application form ( English ) for Assistant Professor Jobs :
Download Application form ( Hindi ) for Assistant Professor Jobs :
General Instructions for Assistant Professor Careers in University of Delhi :
About University of Delhi :
The University of Delhi ( informally known as Delhi University or DU) is a public central university located in Delhi, India. It is wholly funded by the Government of India. Established in 1922, it offers courses at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Vice-President of India, Mohammad Hamid Ansari is the chancellor. WikipediaUniversity of Delhi, Cavalry lane, Near Vishwavidhyalaya Metro Staion, New Delhi, DL 110007.
University of Delhi Official website : www.du.ac.in